Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl....sort of....

First, congratulations to the New Orleans Saitns!  I was rooting for you, and I'm proud to see Drew Brees (from Austin, my hometown) do so well in such a huge game.  I went over to a friend's place here to watch the Super Bowl this year, and the first thing I noticed was the lack of fan fare at the grocery stores, TV, and bars.  Back in the US, there are always Super Bowl specials on chips, dip, bbq, lots of events at bars, and tons of TV commercials letting you to know to watch for their Super Bowl spots.  Which leads me to the biggest disappointment of this year's Super Bowl...THEY DON'T PLAY THE SAME COMMERCIALS DURING THE GAME!  Instead of getting all the best commercials of the year, I got to watch the same commercial telling me to watch the winter Olympics and buy a commemorative Olympics cup!  So some time this week I'll be watching all the commercials on YouTube just so I can talk to my friends back in the States about them, but it sure did change the momentum of watching the game too.  With Canadian commercials already being horrible compared to the ones I'm used to, it really brought down the excitement level during commercials.  Oh well, maybe they do hockey right, I guess I'll have to break down and catch a few games at some point....not any time soon though ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment